Cheltenham – A Beginners Guide
A major highlight of the UK and Irish National Hunt (jump racing) season, the Cheltenham Festival is an annual four-day championship dating all the way back to 1860.
- The festival features a total of 27 races including 14 chases, 12 hurdle races and 1 flat, or bumper, race.
- Cheltenham takes place every March and almost always coincides with St. Patrick’s Day, making it a very popular choice with Irish visitors and Guinness drinkers!
- Cheltenham’s official title is the National Hunt Meeting, going all the way back to 1860 when the National Hunt Chase was held at Market Harborough.
- The Betfred Gold Cup is the undoubted jewel in Cheltenham’s crown and was first established in 1924.
- For the vast majority of its history Cheltenham has been a three-day long festival, however all this changed in 2005 with the introduction of a fourth day; meaning there would be one championship race on each day, with the Gold Cup taking place on the final day of the event.
Betfred have been offering superb value and offers on this four-day championship year in year out and will be taking things to another level this year with more free bets, industry leading prices and special offers than ever before!
Betfred are delighted to sponsor this year’s Cheltenham Gold Cup and we’re going all out with a string of lucrative offers for you!
We’ll be releasing details of more and more offers in the coming weeks that will have our players flocking back in droves as Cheltenham approaches!
- New players at Betfred Games already get treated to a £25 Welcome Bonus and to mark the start of Cheltenham we’re throwing in a completely free £5 bet so they can have a punt on whatever takes their fancy at the Festival !
- The offer begins on March 5th and finishes on the 16th to coincide with the last day of Cheltenham!
- That’s a £25 Bonus for our players to spend across our fantastic selection of games and a fiver to have a punt on whatever takes their fancy at Cheltenham!